- Uncooked Diced Chicken 5 Cups
- Cajun Spice Mix 3 tsp + to taste
- Fettuccine 1 lb
- Olive Oil 3 Tbsp
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Bell Pepper, Sliced 2
- Red Onion, Sliced 1
- Garlic, Minced 3 Cloves
- Roma Tomatoes, Diced 4
- Chicken Broth 2 Cups
- White Wine 1/2 Cup
- Heavy Cream 1/2 Cup
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Parsley, Chopped to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when pasta is still al dente; do not overcook!
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun spice over chicken pieces. Toss around to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add half the chicken in a single layer; do not stir. Allow chicken to brown on one side, about 1 minute. Flip to the other side and cook an additional minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean plate.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. Remove chicken, leaving pan on high heat.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter. When heated, add peppers, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle on remaining Cajun spice, and add salt if needed. Cook over very high heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and trying to get the vegetables as dark/black as possible. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove all vegetables from the pan.
- With the pan over high heat, pour in the wine and chicken broth. Cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in cream, stirring/whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until cream starts to thicken the mixture. Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and/or salt to taste. Sauce should be spicy!
- Finally, add chicken and vegetables to sauce, making sure to include all the juices that have drained onto the plate. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and hot. Add drained fettuccine and toss to combine.