Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Water 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- Hoisin sauce 2 Tbsp
- Cornstarch 2 tsp
- Grated Ginger 1 tsp
- Toasted Sesame Oil 1 tsp
- Broccoli 1 lb
- Yellow Sweet Pepper 1
- Cooking Oil 2 Tbsp
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 2 Cups
- Chow Mein Noodles or Hot cooked rice 2 Cups
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Cut flowerets from broccoli stems and separate flowerets into small pieces. Cut broccoli stems crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut pepper into short, thin strips.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir broccoli stems in hot oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli flowerets and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok or skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir sauce; pour into center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir together to coat. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. If desired, garnish with toasted sesame seed and serve with additional hoisin sauce.