- Unsalted Butter 1/4 Cup
- Onion, Diced 1
- Carrots, Diced 3
- Celery, Diced 2 Stalks
- Dried Thyme 1 tsp
- All-purpose Gluten Free Flour 1/4 Cup
- Chicken Broth 3 Cups
- Milk 2 Cups
- Russet Potatoes, Cubed 2
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 2 Cups
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded 1-1/2 Cups
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley, Chopped
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and chicken.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Stir in cheese, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.