- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 3-1/2 Cups
- Butter 1/4 Cup
- Flour 6 Tbsp
- Half & Half 2 Cups
- Milk 2 Cups
- Chicken Broth 2 Cups
- Ham, Diced 8 oz
- Crumbled Bacon 1/2 Cup
- Swiss Cheese, Shredded 8 oz
- Black Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot. Add the diced chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink; about 6 minutes. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to the pot and allow it to melt. Whisk in flour and cook until the fragrance is nutty about 1 minute.
- Add the half and half, milk, and broth, whisking briskly as you pour. Whisk until all the flour mixture is smooth.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the ham as well. Simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes; the sauce will thicken up.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the bacon bits and shredded swiss. Stir until cheese melts. Taste the soup and add the seasonings to taste. (The ham, bacon, and swiss all have high sodium contents, so you may want to opt for garlic powder instead of garlic salt, or just some black pepper.)