- Small Spaghetti Squash cut in half and seeded 2
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 3/4 Cup
- Vegetable oil 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Onion, Small 1
- Garlic 1 Clove
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- Chipotle Chile in adobo (or to taste) 1
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Black Beans 1/2 Cup (optional)
- Corn 1/2 Cup (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro 1/4 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded 1/2 Cup
- Jack Cheese, Shredded 1/2 Cup
A light and tasty homemade enchilada sauce, black beans and corn and with the melted cheese topping your family will never know just how healthy this is or how many vegetables lurk underneath! What a great light, family fun meal!
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Puree the onions and garlic along with the chilies and tomatoes in a food processor and return to pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the inner flesh of the spaghetti squash with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast, skin side up, in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Mix the chicken, enchilada sauce, beans, corn and cilantro, divide the mixture between the spaghetti squash and top with the cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese has melted and turned a light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.