- Penne Pasta 16 oz
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 2 Cups
- Olive Oil 3 Tbsp
- Butter 1 Tbsp
- Green Onion, Chopped 2
- Bell Pepper, Diced 1
- Garlic, Minced 3 Cloves
- Vodka 2-3 oz
- Tomato Sauce 45oz
- Fresh Basil, Chopped 5 Leaves
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black Pepper 1 tsp
- Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Parsley, Chopped 1/2 Cup
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Chicago Style Chicken with Vodka Sauce served with penne pasta is a perfect dish for the weekend. Vodka sauce is really big in Chicago. Each restaurant has its own variations normally using just cream. This recipe uses mascarpone cheese in the sauce which gives it a distinct flavor. Mascarpone is usually the main ingredient in tiramisu. It can also be used to make risotto dishes thicker and richer. It is a triple-cream cow’s milk cheese that tastes delicious. You can substitute mascarpone with cream cheese if you can‘t find it in your local store.
This Chicken with Vodka Sauce recipe can be served with a simple salad and plenty of Italian bread. Enjoy!
- Add 6 quarts of water to a large pot and cook the pasta until “al dente.” Around 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in oil and sauté the chicken pieces for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic and cook for another for 2 minutes.
- Add vodka to deglaze the pan until vodka reduces slightly.
- Add tomato sauce and basil and cook for about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and mascarpone cheese and stir until cheese in melted.
- Simmer for around 15 minute more but do not bring to a boil.
- Plate the pasta and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.