Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta Bake
- --- Marinade ---
- Uncooked Diced Thigh Meat 2-1/2 Cups
- Garlic, Thinly Sliced 2 Cloves
- Marinade from Artichoke Hearts 2-3 tbsp
- Fresh Oregano Sprigs, Leaves Stripped 4
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- --- Bake ---
- Fusili Pasta 1 lb
- Red Onion, Thinly Sliced 1
- Cherry Tomatoes, Whole 1/2 Cup
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Rough Chopped 1/2 Cup
- White Beans, Rinsed & Drained 1/2 Cup
- Kalamata Olives, Rough Chopped 1/2 Cup
- Parsley & Basil Leaves, Rough Chopped 1/3 Cup
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For the chicken marinade, drain the artichoke hearts reserving the juice. To a large bowl, add the chicken, artichoke juice, garlic, and oregano leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, and mix well to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour, maximum 3 hours.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- To a casserole dish, add the sliced onions and tomatoes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the tomatoes begin to burst, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet warm 1 tsp. of olive oil over moderate heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown the chicken on both sides. It will be slightly undercooked.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Add the cooked pasta, chicken, artichoke hearts, beans, olives, and chopped herbs. Stir to combine.
- Top with grated cheese and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbling. If you like it really brown, pop it under the broiler for a minute.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh herbs right before serving.