- Olive Oil 4 Tbsp
- Minced Garlic 2 Cloves
- Diced Onion, Medium 1/2
- Uncooked Diced Chicken 1-3/4 Cup
- Whole Peeled Tomatoes, Canned 28 oz
- Tomato Sauce, Canned 8 oz
- Chicken Broth, Canned 14.5 oz
- Rotini Pasta, Uncooked 1/2 lb or 2-1/2 Cups
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded 2 Cups
- Parmesan Cheese, Finely Shredded 1/2 Cup
- Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs 1 Cup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Tender chicken and pasta in a flavorful homemade red sauce, mixed with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Toasted panko style bread crumbs give this dish a satisfying crunchy finish. Chicken Parmesan with no breading or frying and you can have this dish on the table in less than thirty minutes.
- In a 3 qt saute pan, saute onions and olive oil until onions start to soften.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn pan heat to medium high and brown chicken pieces.
- Turn heat down and add garlic to pan. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes more.
- Use kitchen shears to break up canned tomatoes in the can.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth and pasta to pan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered for around 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, I used 1/2 a teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of black pepper.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta and heat under broiler until bread crumbs are crispy and golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley.